Thank you for presenting at the 2022 Teaching & Learning Symposium!
This year’s event will be hosted on Manifold. Each presenter will create a 3-5 minute accessible video, which will be posted on the Manifold site. Presenters also have the option to engage Symposium participants synchronously (via Zoom) during a 30-minute segment between 2:00-4:30 on April 19.
Video and accessibility requirements
- Introduce all team members’ names, titles, department(s), and organization(s).
- Give the name of your project.
- Consider using the bulk of your video to briefly share what prompted your project, a key finding, and what you think the impact might be. Think of this as less of a presentation and more of a conversation with your audience.
- If you decide to use a visual, you will need to orally describe it so that its meaning is accessible for participants only using audio.
- Caption your video (see video support)
- Create a transcript (see video support)
We will email you a Google Form in mid-March to submit the following:
- Your video (mp4 file) titled: First name initial-Last name_Brief title.mp4
- Edited caption file (.txt) titled: First name initial-Last name_Brief title_captions.txt
- Transcript file (.txt) titled: First name initial-Last name_Brief title_transcript.txt
- N-Feodorov_STEM active learning.mp4
- N-Feodorov_STEM active learning_captions.txt
- N-Feodorov_STEM active learning_transcript.txt
File submissions will be due at 1:00 PM on Friday, March 25.
We recommend using Zoom or Panopto to record your videos because they are centrally supported by UW. Captions and transcripts can be auto-generated by Zoom or Panopto. (Note: Panopto auto-captioning performs better). Be sure to correct any typos by editing your captions and transcript.
See the following how-tos:
- Create videos in Panopto or Zoom:
- Set up captions and transcripts:
- Edit captions and transcripts:
- Download your video as an .mp4 file:
- Download your captions and transcripts as .txt files:
UW-IT is happy to provide you with support and help you troubleshoot any issues. Please email email@example.com or call 206-221-5000.
Symposium presenters’ videos will be hosted on the CTL Youtube channel and carry a CC-BY license.
- March 8, 2022 (12:00 p.m.): Deadline for applicants to confirm their participation
- April 12, 2022: Full program (titles, abstracts, and presenters) posted to the 2022 Teaching & Learning Symposium event site
- April 19, 2022 (2:00 to 4:30 p.m.): Synchronous, online presentations
- April 19-26, 2022: Asynchronous, online presentations