Each year we ask the UW community to recognize outstanding teaching by nominating current faculty members, graduate TAs, and graduate instructors for a teaching award. This year we are accepting nominations for the following awards:
- Distinguished Teaching Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award
The following is a summary of the Teaching Award nomination process and timeline.
Step 1: Submit an online nomination
The Teaching Award Selection Committee accepts nominations in late fall (please see the timeline below for exact dates).
Students, staff, and faculty members are encouraged to nominate current UW instructors for a teaching award. Information about award eligibility and criteria is on our award descriptions page.
Successful submissions will be descriptive, reflecting the impact the instructor has had on the student academic experience through teaching, mentoring, innovations with technology, service, and more.
Step 2: Award nominees are notified
Teaching Award nominees are notified by email in December. See the timeline below for exact dates.
Step 3: Nominees submit application materials
Teaching award nominees must submit all supporting materials by 5:00 p.m. on January 3, 2022.
For instructions and a list of required materials see: Submitting application materials.
- October 20 – November 30, 2021: Teaching Award Committee accepts online nominations for the 2022 DTA and ETA awards
- December 3, 2021: Nominees are notified and provided information on how to submit their application materials
- December 3, 2021 – January 3, 2022: Recipients assemble their application materials
- January 3, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.: All application materials are due. We do not accept any late submissions or make exceptions. For instructions see: Submitting application materials
- June 2022: Award recipients are publicly listed on CTL’s Teaching Award recipients page