The Faculty Fellows Program (FFP) is designed to introduce new faculty to the UW’s teaching cultures, practices, and resources. This year’s program will be fully online with synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
- Connect new faculty to other UW teaching scholars and practitioners
- Focus on evidence-based teaching strategies that advance student learning and engagement
- Center equity and access in online, blended, and in-person learning
Welcome to Teaching at UW
The welcome and faculty panel offers new faculty the opportunity to learn more about the UW teaching culture and instructional resources, and hear from seasoned faculty colleagues representing different disciplines and experiences.
Workshops (synchronous and asynchronous)
Workshops are led by experienced faculty and instructional staff from multiple departments across the UW campuses. Topics include:
- Backward course design
- Practical skills for creating accessible content
- Design for inclusion with community agreements
- Promoting academic integrity
- Grade smarter, not harder
- Mental health and student learning at UW
- Panel with graduate and undergraduate students
- May 12 – Sept 6: Registration is open
- September 7-16: Online asynchronous sessions
- September 8-9: Online synchronous sessions and optional in-person gathering
CTL utilizes the Deans, Directors, and Chairs email list to send an invitation and registration link to departments, which they can then forward to their new faculty members. Registration is now open.
Contact the Faculty Fellows Program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org