Essentials of Effective Online and Hybrid Teaching
October 24 – December 2
This 5-week, fully online, asynchronous course is designed to enhance your digital course design and digital pedagogy skill set. UW faculty, staff, and graduate students from all three campuses are welcome to join.
Along with tutorials on how to build course elements and use tools in Canvas, the course will share strategies to help learners more easily access content and interact with others in online learning environments. It will also feature insights, examples, and practical tips from experienced faculty.
Topics covered include:
- Helping learners get started
- Designing for learner success
- Creating course content
- Devising assessments and grading efficiently
- Aligning your course learning objectives
- Strategies for building instructor presence
- Ideas for fostering connection and interaction
- Anti-racist and inclusive pedagogy
- Tips for enhancing accessibility
- Strategies to promote academic integrity
This course includes weekly deadlines, but there are no required synchronous meetings.
June 19 – July 21
Details and registration for Summer Session coming soon!