To promote learning and student success, the UW Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports the advancement of a teaching community that is collegial and committed to reflective, inclusive, equitable, and learner-centered teaching. The Center’s workshops and programs support instructors on all three UW campuses and it provides consultation services for instructors on the Seattle campus. CTL’s services are grounded in research, draw on established pedagogical approaches, promote innovation, and are deeply collaborative in nature.
We value and practice inclusion and anti-racism because doing so helps us:
- Understand the barriers and challenges our community faces
- Develop more relevant, impactful solutions to teaching and learning challenges
- Foster equitable learning environments that honor the lived experiences of all learners, especially those who have been historically marginalized or underrepresented
We value and practice collaboration because doing so helps us:
- Generate better ideas and more effective support in tandem with and in service to our local, national, and global partners
- Foster community trust and team accountability
We value and practice reflection and iteration because doing so helps us:
- Model our belief that an effective teaching practice is one that is always in development
- Learn and improve what we do
- Adapt and respond to change
The Center for Teaching and Learning supports Seattle campus instructors at all levels, from graduate teaching assistants to full professors. Through active listening and dialogue, CTL consultants will help you build on your personal expertise and on teaching- and learning-related research to identify teaching strategies that work for you and your students. Our goal is to support you in the development of a reflective teaching practice that results in learning environments that are inclusive, active, and learner-centered.
Subscribe to CTL News and Information
Would you like to receive announcements about Center for Teaching and Learning events and opportunities? Use the form below to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Location and general contact information
UW Center for Teaching and Learning
100 Gerberding Hall
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-1265
The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.